How to Care
- Store your jewellery in the boxes or pouches provided in a cool, dry room. Avoid excess condensation as this can damage delicate gemstones and cause precious metals to discolour, tarnish and erode. Each item should be stored separately to avoid scratching.
- Never spray perfume, hairspray or any other solvent on your jewellery. To prevent harsh chemicals from damaging your jewellery, we advise you to apply cosmetic products prior to putting on your jewels.
- Harsh chemicals, such as chlorine can damage, discolour or erode precious metals and gemstones, therefore jewellery should be removed when bathing and swimming.
- Silver is a soft metal by nature so treat your jewels delicately and do not wear to bed. We recommend removing jewellery when participating in any physical or labour-intensive activities. Do not attempt to bend or re-shape any jewellery as this can damage setting and the stones, causing them to fall out.
- When purchasing an item with a stone, you will need to take extra care with the setting. We do not repair jewellery and if a setting is damaged, causing a stone to fall out, and we can not replace this. Settings can be damaged by; any applied pressure, hitting a hard surface inadvertently with any force, rubbing against other jewellery or catching and snagging on knitted clothing.
How to Clean
- Use a soft, dry, lint-free cloth after each wear to remove any makeup or natural skin oils.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners on jewellery or rough paper tissues to clean precious metals as this can scratch the metal.
- Be gentle, jewellery containing gemstones are more fragile, so please take extra care when cleaning.
- If you are unsure about how to clean a piece of jewellery, please contact a local jeweller for professional advice.
At Rosie Fortescue Jewellery we pride ourselves on our quality and as such, offer a 6-month guarantee on all of our jewellery. In the unlikely event that a piece is deemed faulty, we will replace it upon its return. Should the item no longer be in stock, we offer a full credit against your next order.
If items have been mistreated or damaged these cannot be replaced or credited, as we are unable to assume responsibility for any damages the jewellery may incur if cared for otherwise than the stated above.